Organization: Siemens IT Solutions and Services Pvt. Limited
BACKGROUND: The Solution implemented is Soarian MedSuite - a Hospital Information System from Siemens. The Solution covers Patient Administration, Billing, Lab, Pharmacy, Clinical Data Management, Order Entry, Imaging Services, Integration to Back Office (Finance & Purchase).
OBJECTIVE OF THE SOLUTION:
- Improve the patient experience, care & safety
- Improve quality and effectiveness of the clinical processes
- Streamline revenue streams and plug revenue leakages
- High turnaround time (TAT) for short lead tests
- Reduce average length of stay (ALOS)
- Establish SOP based business operations supported by IT systems
- On-line validations available in the system have reduced data errors.
- Significant reduction in the wait time for discharge
- Reduction in inventory carrying costs by reducing 50% of the stocks
- Average Length of Stay reduced from 4.83 Days to 4.71 days
- The number of physician orders delivered within 1 hr increased from 63% to 79%
- Clinical data capturing at various levels
- Robust role based security mechanism which prevents un-authorized users from accessing or modifying information.
The solution implemented at SL Raheja Hospital can be rolled-out to similar hospitals by leveraging the "re-usables"
8 to 11 months