Basic Functions/ Job Responsibility:
- Coordinate legislative efforts by working with state, and central governments focused in the area of business operations and compliance e.g. Taxation, Labour, Export compliance, Companies law compliance etc. with focus on ease of doing business
- Create proposals seeking clarity in legislations/ rules and provisions in consultation with members and working with government agencies to seek response and adopt recommendations
- Conduct research, manage advisors, knowledge partners to develop an informed view with justifiable recommendations, including impact statements wherever possible
- Monitor legislations and relevant announcements of the government and map them to Industry operations for impact
- Work with government officials, industry members, across membership, regional teams etc.
- Represent organisation at industry forums and Govt. discussions
- Required to travel in order to fulfill this job duty.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to communicate with others
- Ability to understand varied problems and collating it in a coherent, logical manner, good speaking skills to be able to lead discussions with Government and Members.
- Should have conflict management abilities
- Ethical mindset with a zeal to keep an eye on the larger cause.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Post Graduate in any discipline
- 12 -16 years, with at least 5 years in the area of advocacy