Basic Functions/ Job Responsibility:
- Compile and/or Develop trends and intelligence with a view to position favorably Technology impact and Technology Industry with policymakers for an enabling environment for growth for the Tech sector.
- Focus on upcoming technologies and the future, as much of the applications and solutions would be in development stage.
- Debate and develop policy framework to enable increased adoption of new technologies, without trivilaising Government priorities and need for National development.
- Distill complex or technical information into concise and influential communications based on research with careful attention to detail; referencing and justification.
- Work on different areas, sometimes unrelated, with a motivation to learn
- Will have to work with members, and multi-stakeholder groups to organise roundtables and discussions and compile the thoughts and insights shared.
- Work closely with research organisations, academia, sometimes civil societies
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Highly motivated with an understanding of the Policy intent, national and industry interests
- Excellent writing skills - precis and detailed presentation
- Ability to understand varied problems and collating it in a coherent, logical manner
- Ability to communicate with others and good speaking skills
- Analytical ability and an open mind to contrary view points
- Ability to search, identify and read references and documents
- Ethical mindset with a zeal to keep an eye on the larger cause.
- Relevant 5 years’ experience; with familiarity with Tech/Internet Policy.
- Master’s in Public Policy or LLB with a penchant for policy work