Basic Functions/ Job Responsibility:
- In depth analysis of IT –BPM industry and companies, review industry developments/issues that emerge
- Financial analysis of data reported by member companies to generate insights at an industry level
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research through secondary and primary means (engaging with member companies) – industry analysis, industry sizing, company profiling, country competitive assessment, whitepapers etc.
- Work in newer industry areas like Startups, SaaS products, etc.
- Work closely with VP and Director Research on all industry issues requiring research support
- Build domain expertise about the IT–BPM sector (services, players etc.)
- Actively contribute to the development of thought leadership and collaboration across other teams at NASSCOM.
- Create research deliverables - power point reports / extensive excel spreadsheets, executive summaries, case studies, process maps, message maps and presentations
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
An MBA/Masters degree in business management, statistics, economics. 6-8 years of prior experience in business research / analytics and IT-BPM industry.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of major proprietary research databases
- Excellent working skills with Microsoft Office tools, especially power point and excel
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and capability to work in project environment marked with insufficient data and derive meaningful conclusions from apparently ambiguous information
- Ability to develop strong “hypotheses” for any problem solving
- Familiarity with strategic analyses frameworks and financial analyses techniques to be deployed for analyses of the industry as a whole and companies in particular
- Should be open to travel (10-20% of time) for member meetings and NASSCOM events