Mr. Krishnakumar Natarajan appointed Vice-Chairman
National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) today announced the appointment of Mr. N. Chandrasekaran as its Chairman for 2012-2013. Mr. Chandrasekaran will take on the new role as Chairman of NASSCOM effective April 30, 2012. He succeeds Mr. Rajendra Pawar, who served as Chairman of NASSCOM for 2011-12. Mr. Chandrasekaran has been a member of NASSCOM’s Executive Council and is also the CEO & MD of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). NASSCOM also announced the appointment of Mr. Krishnakumar Natarajan, CEO of MindTree Ltd., as the Vice Chairman of the Executive Council.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. N. Chandrasekaran, Chairman, NASSCOM, and, CEO & MD, TCS, said, “NASSCOM has played a key role to propel the Indian IT-BPO industry onto the global stage and it’s an honor to be elected as its Chairman. In FY12, the Indian IT-BPO sector crossed the $100 billion mark in aggregate revenues and showed great ability to adapt to the ongoing dynamic environment. Globally, there are significant growth opportunities available for all Indian IT companies and by choosing appropriate strategies, investing in capabilities and executing well, our industry can continue to expand its mindshare and marketshare across developed and emerging markets. He added: “NASSCOM is a great institution and I look forward to working together to help take the Indian IT industry to the next level of evolution.”
“Having worked with the emerging and small company initiative of NASSCOM for the past few years, I am excited to take over the role of NASSCOM Vice-Chairman. One of the key priorities for NASSCOM is to build the future companies of the industry and I look forward to work with NASSCOM to take this initiative to greater heights,” said Mr. Krishnakumar Natarajan, Vice-Chairman, NASSCOM, and CEO, Mindtree Ltd.
“It was an honour and privilege to lead the industry as Chairman of NASSCOM. The IT-BPO industry is an engine of growth and innovation; shaping key global trends around macroeconomics, demographics, social, environmental, technology and business. The way forward is exciting and NASSCOM will continue to play a key leadership role in this journey and I wish NASSCOM all the best in achieving this,” said Mr. Rajendra Pawar, Chairman , NIIT Technologies and Former Chairman, NASSCOM.
Chairman Mr. N. Chandrasekaran along with Vice-Chairman Mr. Krishnakumar Natarajan and President, Mr. Som Mittal will lead NASSCOM to carry out its diverse array of priorities consisting of industry’s value proposition including:
- To reinvent and embrace new business models which will offer customers a transformed business proposition
- Drive concerted initiatives to strengthen the innovation capacity and research capabilities through specific domain focus and by encouraging R&D collaborations and public-private partnerships.
- Continue to strengthen the long-term entrepreneurial environment
- Enhance the skilled talent pool in the country and focus on specialization
- Continue the use of ICT for inclusive growth and ensure that the basic necessities like education for masses, quality healthcare and employment and skill generation is benefitted by ICT
- Drive to create an ecosystem of innovation for technology businesses thereby enabling successful product companies to thrive in India